Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th Of July 2011

It has been over a year since I have entered anything on the blog. Not that there has not been a lot happening. Since my last post, Michael & Kathryn and their family have moved to Mesa, three new grand-daughters have been added to the family, Matt & Erin are getting married this month and we are all a year older. There have been a lot of other great things that happen each day and each time the family is together. I am glad that families are forever as I would not want to miss out on the fun we are having now.

You can't hold a new baby in your arms and not see the Eternal Plan that is there and the trust that Father has in letting us raise His children.

This past weekend of the 4th, we held out annual Back-Yard Sleep-Out. This has been a tradition for the last 5-6 years now. It is always fun to get together, eat, watch a late night movie and sleep over. This year, we re-started a very long tradition. The Annual 4th Water fight. This started, originally, some 30 years ago by my older sister DeAnn. It always starts with a lot of water balloons and progresses from there. Soon, we would have all of the kids and grand kids running all over their back yard with buckets of water looking for someone to throw it one. In one house their lived at, there was a stream that came right out of American Fork Canyon. If you got hit with a bucket of water from that stream, you could not breathe for at least 5 minutes.

This tradition stopped a few years ago when they went on a mission and sold their house. It has been really missed by my kids.

This 4th, it was started again in my family. Thanks to Matt, Kevin & Greg for really getting it going. It was not long until everyone was wet and having a great time. I am sure, just as I was positive at DeAnn's, that the neighbors thought we were nuts. Everyone said later that this was something they missed and wanted it to continue so their kids could enjoy the fun just as they had done growing up. I am still enough of a kid that I had a lot of fun also.

I know that next year, there will be a little more planning, like having a change of clothes and we'll have to start earlier. We are already thinking how to get two swimming pools and hoses.



I an sure that the Family Camp-out will be a great time this year. NO TENTS!! We are going to Fairview Canyon and staying in cabins.

No comments: