Thursday, March 6, 2008

Open Heart Surgery

Those three words are terrifying in them selves. But, when they are said to you, it is very different.
I went in on the 19th of Feb for a stress test which I failed terribly. They said you are not leaving the hospital. They immediately did an angiogram and told me that I needed to have 6-7 bypasses on my heart. The doc said he had a slot the next day and suggested I not wait. What a decision to make in five minutes! Needless to say, I did not sleep much that night.
They operated the next afternoon and did only 6. I spent a week in the hospital and am now home. I am doing super and have had almost no pain at all.
Thanks to my family and friends for their love and support.

1 comment:

Gabe said...

Hi, this is Gabriel. I was very sorry to hear that you were having some health problems, but I am very happy that things are getting better and that you are doing alright. I wish you the best. Espero que todo este muy bien con su familia. Quidese mucho! :0)