Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Once there were three, now there is one

Today is a very sad and emotional day. I have lost my only real friend. Ellis Austill suddenly passed away yesterday afternoon. We have been ‘best friends’ since second grade. I have known him longer than any other person outside my family.

In High School, there were three of us, Ellis, Don Worlton and myself that were very close. We dated the same girls, did most things together, played Rummy many nights at my house, went on missions the same time and came home about the same time. Don was killed in an accident about 10 years after graduation so that left Ellis and me. Now, there is just me and I today I feel really lonely. We had such great times together. The Austill kids were like my own; they even called me Uncle when they were small. Ellis and I solved many world problems over a soft drink. We had about the same likes and dislikes. I dated his wife first and they introduced me to my wife. He was more like a brother than a friend. We knew all the same jokes and stories. He once said that we had to be friends because we knew too much about each other.

Good bye to a great friend. I will miss you a lot.

4 comments:

MikeandJill said...

Dad, I'm so sorry. You aren't alone. We love you very much and will be there for you in anything you need. You will see him again one day, along with grandpa and others you love. I hope it was a calm and peaceful death. Call us if there is anything we can do.

Unknown said...

I still consider you an uncle and always will. You'll always be a part of our lives. I miss him terribly too. You just may have to fill in as my interim dad when I need one.

love you.
Tayna Austill(Kahn)

2MTNesters said...

We love you and will always consider you part of the family. Thank you for your words at his funeral.

Love, Jeff Austill

Allie said...

We love you Uncle Kay. You did such a great job on Saturday. I miss him more than anyone could ever know. You were one of the first people that I called, because I just had to let YOU know. You are not alone. Love you.