Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

Well, it is hard to believe it, judging from last week’s 8 inches of snow, but today I think that it’s finally here; almost 80 degree outside and no rain in the forecast until Saturday. Enjoy Spring while it’s here.

Last Saturday, we laid sod in Erik’s back yard. We put down a little over 3500 square feet of sod in two hours. With a little help from neighbor’s and family, it went really fast. He now has a back yard!!! We really had fun getting the sprinklers adjusted; we were all wet by the time we got them working correctly. Thanks to Matt, Kevin, and Mark for helping. BBQ at Erik’s!!

We have replaced all the dirt in the grow beds, much to the enjoyment of Abby, and have peas planted, and planted, and planted. The dog thinks its fun to dig holes in the pea patch. I hope peas grow well on the surface too. I even bought a half of a wine barrel to Mom could place some herbs. I know it was a real wine barrel because when I was drilling the holes in the bottom, you could really smell the wine. I chewed some of the sawdust for a while just to make sure.

The next time you visit, you will notice that the fence at the end of the driveway is now complete. They finished it today. It makes the house look more finished. Also, keep the dog from harassing the neighborhood.

The annual Easter Egg Hunt was a real success. It looks like the Easter bunny threw up all over the back yard. I think the kids all got sugared up really well. I even found one more when I mowed the lawns the next weekend. The kids are getting better as I only found that one. Usually, I get about 5.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Good thing I check Kathryn's blog so that I got to see pictures... :D
I went private by the way, if you want an invite I'll need your email. Mine is peatyswea@yahoo.com