Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Well, here is a shock for you!!

Lynette and I have been extended a Mission Call for a 24 month Church Service Mission. We met with the Stake Presidency last night and received the call. We will be serving in the Provo South 20th Ward (Spanish Speaking). Yea, that’s right! Mom is a little taken back because she does not speak a word of Spanish and mine has not been used for 44 years. She has not figured out how this will work with her working on Sunday but we’ll have to work around that.

We may be asked to work with the full time missionaries and do splits with them. This ward is the fast baptizing ward in Utah, so we may get to assist in seeing new conversions. Whatever activities that ward has we would attend. We would be visiting ward members during the week and a lot of other things.

We will be released from all callings in our home ward but our memberships will remain there, we will just attend church in the new ward. They meet just below the hill. We are not sure what we will be doing but will be assigned to the Bishop of that ward and do whatever he asks us to do. We both are still a little numb. They gave us a few days to think about it so we have a lot to talk about.

This was a complete surprise as we had not applied. I got a call Sunday night that they wanted to meet with us and last night they told us why.

Please let us know of your thoughts and concerns.

3 comments:

NanaRusson said...

Hola Senor and Senorita! That about sums up my Spanish abilities and I'm not even sure that is correct. My 7th grade Spanish teacher gave me a passing grade out of pity and said to pray hard that they would never send me on a Spanish-speaking mission. I'm so happy for both of you. You'll be great! Congratulations. Love, Eva

Allie said...

I'm so excited for you! This is wonderful news, my Dad would have been so jealous...he wanted so badly to serve a mission again. Little did he know that he would be serving a bigger one than even he had imagined! Good luck and keep us all posted!

mkmcneli said...

Congratulations. I think that this will be a good experience for the both of you. I am sure that it will not be easy for the rewards will be worth it.