Saturday, May 16, 2009

Richard Holdaway 1943-2009

The neighborhood is saddened this morning with the passing of Rich Holdaway, long time neighbor and friend. He passed away yesterday afternoon of heart failure. We extend our sincere condolences to his wife, Maureen and their 5 children. He was 66 and had been fighting a number of illnesses of the last number of years. The funeral will be next Saturday, May 23.
As I stood on the sidewalk yesterday, with concerned neighbors as they performed CPR trying to revive him, I was once again struck by the thought of just how fragile life really is and how quickly it can be taken.
Please keep their family in your thoughts as each of my children grew up with his children and were friends with all of them.

1 comment:

MikeandJill said...

That is sad. He was a good neighbor. My test? Well, they don't tell you for at least 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted. Read your email, I sent you something personal...