Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Goodbye to an old friend

Over the last 10 or so years, I have had a very close friend. We have spent many hours together watching football games, movies, the Science Channel, family pictures and a lot of other fun activities. This past week my friend was killed by a freak storm that came through the neighborhood. Lynette was spending some time with my friend when the accident happened. We tried to revive him a number of times but it was of no use. His lights had gone out for the last time.
The next day I called a Doctor to see if there was any way that he could be made whole again. Doc worked on him for two solid hours and finally said that he thought he had him back to life. We tried again, but it was not use. Even the Doctor was saddened by the loss.
Now I have to decide what to do with my old friend. He is too big to bury and unless we cut him up in little pieces, we can't hide him in the garbage can. He is even too heavy to carry out in one piece. I called the Doctor today to see if he might have a place to put my friend. He said he might be interested so we'll have to see.
There was such a hole in the room where he used to set, it looked funny. I looked on the Internet to see if I could buy a replacement friend but friends are so expensive. Finally, Matthew said that he had a friend I could have to replace my dead old friend. He is younger and in better shape; not quite as big, but sharper when you look at him. So we moved Matthew's friend in place of my old friend and the room seems brighter again. So when you come to visit, you will have to get to know my new friend. I say goodbye again to an old friend.

2 comments:

mkmcneli said...

thanks for the memories

NanaRusson said...

Kay, You little nut! You really had me going there for a minute. Can't wait to see you guys on Friday. Love, Eva