Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Fence

In 1970, two years after Mom and I were married, we bought our first NEW car. It was a 1970, fire engine red, Chevy Nova. We ordered the car because we wanted it just so. It had to have what we wanted. The cost was a little over $2800. It was a classy car with a V-8 engine and was a lot of fun to drive.

This last week, after 22 years of staring at the ugly back fence, we tore it down. It was falling apart and was held up by sheer determination along with some steel post on the other side. So we put in a beautiful vinyl fence, 6 feet tall and 94 feet wide. It cost more than my 1980 Chevy Nova!!
Now all I have to do is keep Kevin from shooting it with an arrow.

1 comment:

NanaRusson said...

Man, I hope guys were married before 1978. Neil and I were already married and had 2 kids by then. Gotta give you a bad time. We love and miss you both. Eva