Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mother's Birthday


Last week, my dear mother turned 94. It totally amazes me that she is a spry as she is. We had a birthday party for her on the north lawn; friends and relatives came from all over to wish her a happy birthday. There was people I have not seen for a long time. 80-90 people stopped by to say hello and give her a hug. I can only hope that I will be half as healthy as she is at 80. That's only 14 more years. My sister DeAnn has challenged her to be here for her 95th birthday. I think that's in the bag. I would not surprise me to celebrate her 100th.

Still lives alone, works in the flowers about every morning and keeps her house clean. She is an inspiration to all who know her.
She is a hard person to keep up with as she does not want anyone to do anything for her. So independent. I really love her a lot.

Happy birthday, Mom

1 comment:

Carrie Hellewell said...

It was a fun party. I'm glad that she's still here and I have no doubt she will be for a while. We all love her so much!