Sunday, July 25, 2010

Breaking Traditions

There are some things that are just not done. Family traditions are one of those things. Years past, if you father was a farmer, you were expected to take over the farm after he quit farming. Most boys took over the same profession as their father's. If your family were BYU fans, it was unheard of for you to yell for Utah. If you father drove Fords, you would more than likely drive a Ford. My dad, for the most part of his life, drove Ford products. I in turn bought Fords. Until now.

Yesterday, I broke that tradition. A few years ago I had a Ford Ranger that I really loved. We sold it after about a year. I was devastated because I loved that truck. This week, Mom and I decided that we really could use a truck and the car I was driving was getting a long in age, like me. So I started to look for another Ford Ranger. There are none around that didn't have 150,000 miles on them. I did find a truck that had everything I wanted and was within a price I could afford. Would you believe a Dodge Dakota. I know Dad is gritting his teeth, but I did buy it from a Ford Dealer!!!

No comments: